I’ve been betrayed, won various sports, racing and fighting championships, lost those closest to me, traveled extensively to 55 countries around the globe, learned dozens of professions, studied at several universities, been in covert agencies and units I’ll never talk about, enjoyed great triumphs, I’ve hunted the most violent men on earth and defended the most peaceful, worked in film & television, raised 2 fantastic kids, loved, lost, won, been a rock drummer, married my gorgeous "laughing buddy," achieved, blown it, learned, endured sickness, injury, enjoyed great health, fitness, rescued endangered animals in Africa from poachers, been ripped off, helped take down crooked high-ranking government officials, been humiliated, praised, misrepresented, crashed helicopters, been blessed and helped out by people for reasons that weren’t always readily apparent.
Craig Sawyer, AKA "Sawman," grew up near Houston, TX and got his tactical start in the U.S. Marine Corps. He quickly transitioned to the U.S. Navy to pursue high-level Special Operations as a U.S. Navy SEAL. As an Operator at SEAL Team One, Craig gained critical combat experience in Desert Shield and Desert Storm resulting in decoration for "Heroic Service".
Those operations included:
- The capturing of the very first prisoners of the war
- CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) Operations
- Sniper Operations
- Reconnaissance Operations
- Counter-Mine Operations
- FAV (Fast Attack Vehicle) Operations
After returning from Desert Storm, Craig served as a SEAL Sniper Instructor until being promoted to DEVGRU. While serving at SEAL Team One, Craig fought in various Martial Arts tournaments in South-East Asia, as well as SCARS (Special Combat Aggressive Reaction System) hand-to-hand training under Jerry Peterson and Lew Hicks. These experiences built upon his Martial Arts history of fighting various tournaments, such as the Karate Olympics tournaments in Houston, TX and one year of formal boxing under Henry & Jim Harris.
- All operations and activity while assigned to DEVGRU remain classified and are not represented here.
After serving in the Navy, Craig signed on as one of the "Original 33" Federal Air Marshals, who were in place prior to the 9/11 attacks against the U.S. Craig remained there for 5 years reaching the management rank of J-Payband ATSAC (GS-14). At that point, Craig began contracting in the various combat zones, running tactical teams and protecting high-level U.S. Dignitaries.
in 2004-2005, Craig was selected to serve as Agent In Charge (AIC) of High-Threat Mobile Security operations in war zones for the U.S. Department of State, responsible for the mobile teams covering all stationed and visiting U.S. Chief of Mission personnel in the region. Some of those dignitaries included:
- U.S. Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld
- U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte
U.S. Senators Hilary Clinton and John McCain
Other U.S. Ambassadors and various, key U.S. leaders.
*Note: War zone security responsibility does not equate to personal, or political endorsement. Other specialized training and international experience in high-threat mobile security from 2006-2014 (and other periods) remains classified.
Craig still remains operationally active in multiple roles. In addition, he often instructs various advanced training courses under his Tactical Insider banner.
In the entertainment industry, Craig has made a name for himself in the following:
- Most frequent "Expert" on all 5 seasons of History Channel's TOP SHOT
- Virtually every major television news station and morning talk show, including THE TODAY SHOW, FOX & FRIENDS, MORNING JOE, CBS EVENING NEWS, FOX NEWS, THE DYLAN RADIGAN SHOW, etc.
- Team Leader and voice for Animal Planet's BATTLEGROUND: RHINO WARS
- Military Channel's DEADLIEST TECH: SPEC OPS
- History Channel's SNIPER: DEADLIEST MISSIONS
- History Channel's (H2) TOP GUNS
- Craig co-starred in a new movie for 2016, Army Dog, with Casper Van Dien
- There are 2 new feature films going into production with Craig as Tach Advisor, Co-Producer, and/or Actor.
- Craig co-starred with R Lee Ermey on GunnyTime for 3 seasons, until Gunny's passing.
Non-Profit: Craig launched Veterans For Child Rescue in April 2017, which is a task force of senior veterans of the counter-terrorist, intelligence, federal law enforcement, international counter-poaching and film & television communities who are dedicated to expose and help combat abusive child sex trafficking rings in order to create a brighter future for the children. www.vets4childrescue.org